Art Grants for Da Vinci’s Pawnshop!
Open through September 30th - Don't delay, submit now!
Black Rock East and Boston Decompression are pleased to announce the continuation of the Art Grant Program in 2016! Last year, 7 projects were funded and $2,205.00 in grant funds were given out. We hope to fund more projects this year, so get your art and performance ideas out of hock and apply for an art grant!
To apply for a grant to fund materials and costs to bring a new, or existing project or performance to Boston Decompression in 2016, please fill out the online application form below with the details of your proposal. The grants committee will be considering proposals for new and existing works of interactive visual and performance art, in any medium. Work that is responsive to this year's theme: Da Vinci’s Pawnshop, or helps to transform the space will be given priority consideration. Grants will be up to $500, and will primarily fund the materials and consumables costs for artwork and performance. Grant funds are available for transportation of non-local (outside the greater Boston or Worcester area) art. The Decompression Art Committee will work with Boston and Worcester area artists to arrange shared transportation for local projects.
Due to the late start on Art Grants this year, the Art Grants Committee is introducing a rolling grants application and notification process. Submit your completed Art Grant form any time until the September 30th deadline, and you will be notified within 3 days. Complete submissions received on September 30th will be notified October 4th at noon.
Here is the timeline for the art grants process:
- Art Grant Submissions Open: Now!
- Art Grant Submission Period: Friday, September 16th - Friday, September 30th, 11:59 PM
- Art Grant Recipients Notification Period: Within three days of a complete Art Grant Submission - Tuesday, October 4th at noon
- Following the return of the signed Grant Contract, the first 75% of granted funds is paid out by Friday, October 7th
- Complete the funded project for Boston Decompression 2016 - Saturday, October 22nd!
- After successful presentation of the project at Decompression, and the grantee has provided documentation of the project at Decompression, the remaining 25% of grant funds will be disbursed - by Saturday, November 5th, 2016
If you are the recipient of an art grant, you will receive 75-percent of your grant amount upon confirmation and return of the signed contract. Funds will be transferred to the recipient via Paypal or check. The remaining 25-percent of the grant amount will be delivered to the recipient within two weeks of the 2016 Decompression event in which the funded project has been featured and/or contributed, pending documentation of the grant-funded project.
Please note, this form is intended only for those applying for an art grant. The general call for art and participation went out earlier this week. There will be a venue visit and walkthrough opportunity later in September. Stay tuned to this channel for updates.
Over and out,
Art Grants Committee
2016 Boston Decompression Planning Committee